30 September 2013

Oooppps! Sorry, Doc!


I had the opportunity to dissect human eyes today. And I was the only one brave enough or maybe the only one curious enough (or the only 'pasaway' in class) who did the dissection. What a privilege it was!

No, it wasn't a morbid thing to do because it was part of the learning process. Needless to say that I 'enjoyed' it - enjoyed it in the sense that I learned more. I was also amazed at the eye structures especially the eye lens. What a cute little thing it is!

I did 2 dissections. The first one went well. But the second one wasn't that good. Why? Because some fluid oozed out from the eyeball when I cut it. And the fluid squirted in the direction of the doctor standing nearby! Good thing that he was quick to move away from the oozing liquid. Silly me!!! I'd be more careful next time. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment