02 October 2013

5 Reasons Why It is a Not-So-Ordinary Wednesday

Wednesday is the "most relaxed" day in our week because we have more free time compared to the other weekdays wherein our only break is at lunchtime. But before I enumerate the reasons why this day is not-so-ordinary, here is what a typical Wednesday for me:
  • I usually wake up at 5AM. At about 7:15AM, I leave the house. And I walk 3 blocks going to the bus stop. 
  • 10-15 minutes before 8AM, I arrive in school. Then, we have our 2-hour Anatomy class, either lecture or laboratory, or both. 
  • 10AM-12NN is our Student Hour. It is our free time but sometimes meetings and other school-related activities are scheduled at this period.
  • At 1-3PM, we have our Family & Community Medicine (FCM) class and we almost always have a quiz at the end of each lecture. 
  • After our classes, I either go the library to study until 5PM or go home early.
However, none of these happened according to "schedule."


  1. I woke up at 6:30AM! I have overslept - I slept for about 9 hours!!! But instead of hurrying up, I still did everything what I used to do in the morning. 
  2. On my way to the bus stop, a man walked past ahead of me and said that my zipper was open. I thought he was referring to the zipper of my backpack, so I check it but all the zippers were close. But then, he told me that it was the zipper at the back of my skirt. And mind you, I have already walked 2 blocks and we were crossing the street that time! Some people would have been embarrassed if they were in my situation. But I didn't really care what happened to me. And did I say that I hate uniforms?
  3. As expected, I arrived late in school, 8:15AM. However, I was lucky because my classmates haven't gone to the Anatomy lab yet. In Anatomy, we only reviewed the models and cadavers in preparation for our final practical exam next week. I realized that I have forgotten many of what I studied before. I think forgetting what I've studied is more embarrassing than having an open zipper while walking in the streets. 
  4. We had a surprise quiz in FCM. Before the class started, the deal was we won't have a quiz if we remained silent during the presentation of the 2 groups of reporters. I was pretty sure that we kept our mouths shut, so we were surprised when one of the doctors (there were 5 doctor-panelists) told us to get 1/4 sheet of paper for a short quiz. Apparently, she was very disappointed because she saw that some of my classmates, instead of listening to the reporters, were reading their books in another subject. A few more things happened, but I won't go into details and I'll just leave it at that. Of all the things I wrote in this article, it is the most embarrassing to admit! 
  5. At 4:00PM, I arrived home but that nobody was inside the house and I couldn't go in because I don't have the key for the gate. So, I went to a restaurant and stayed there until 6:30PM. I was hoping I could study there while waiting for my sister, but somebody was celebrating his birthday. How could I study with all the noise around me?  
Despite everything that happened today, I find all these things amusing! :D

2 comments:

  1. You're a STAR! Bru, careful sa zippers!!!I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bru, sa pagmamadali ko, nakalimutan ko pala isara!!!

    ReplyDelete