22 October 2013

Done with 1/8 in Medical School and Now It's Sembreak

We're through with our first semester. But that's only 1/8 of our medical education. Seven semesters to go. But for now, it is our sembreak!

Looking back on my first semester, I don't know how I was able to do everything - studies, sleep (7-8 hours or more on weekends) and social life (including sports) - the three important "S" in the life of a student. I'm really amazed at how really good the Universe is to me!

We had our last exam for the semester yesterday. After five months of hard work in school, it's time to rest and just enjoy this short vacation. What am I going to do?

:: Play football. Right after our exam yesterday afternoon, I played with our school's football team. We have to train harder now because the inter-medical school sports fest is already next month. Playing football is a good start for our break. And starting next week until the end of our sembreak, we'll train 4x/wk.

:: Read books. Not medical books, of course! Today, I only stayed at home and read a few books. I'm almost finished with The Story of Medicine by Anne Rooney, which I started to read yesterday. I love it! History never fails to entertain me. I still have several books to read, which is quite ambitious on my part. I just hope I'll be able to finish them all before the start of the second semester.

:: Watch Ke$ha's concert. I'm not a fan of Ke$ha. But because a friend is giving out free VIP tickets, why shouldn't I grab that opportunity? It's a wonderful birthday gift! (Thanks, Ada!) I can't wait for the 24th of October and sing & shout at the top of my lungs... You know we're superstars, we are who we are! 

:: Dine out with my friends. What else could I expect when I go out with friends? It's always about eating foods while having a good chat and lots of laughter.

:: Write a few blog entries. I haven't written for quite some time because of our busy schedule. I have so many things and stories to share, but all I have are drafts waiting to be polished and published. Patience, dear readers. More blog entries coming soon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment